Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Getting Started

Ok, so the 2nd post was not quite as imminent as I first expected. Best laid plans and all of that. Mostly, I'm not quite sure where to begin. A little history maybe...before embarking on my current career I had only left the United States for three other destinations. First one was Italy, all the way back when I was 16 to study, and then not again until my very late 20's (ok, maybe I was 30) did I venture to Canada. A couple of trips to Montreal (one Montreal trip was just to go back to the best restaurant I've ever eaten at, Restaurant YoYo http://www.restoyoyo.com/) was it for my travel experience. Then, finally, back to Europe for an amazing trip to Paris. Always best to see it with a native. I absolutely fell in love with traveling, and Paris of course.

And then it started, really started. In the past 2 1/2 years I have been to the following places, a couple of times; Haiti, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia. Well, there and a lot of airports in Europe. Luci and Emily get these long rambling e-mails from me and they thought I should put them up on a blog (which they had to explain to me was short for a web log, nifty). Since they will probably be the only two people to ever read this, outside of my immediate family I'd think, these posts will probably be a series of letters to them. So here we go ladies, in no particular order of importance or relevance I will begin posting...

No comments: