Tuesday, September 16, 2008

For once my bag got here before I did!

Dear Luci and M,

Hello from Rwanda...again. Made it safe and sound. Ethiopian Airlines may be my new favorite carrier. The plane was old and I skipped the meals because they looked pretty, ummmmm, not pretty (but it's airplane food which is a lot like hospital food without the added bonus of a hospital stay). The upside? The plane was only about half full so I got an entire row to myself which means I got some sleep! And even though I had to transfer in Addis Ababa and in Entebbe (which made little sense since there is a direct flight from Addis to Kigali but I'm not complaining as all flights took off and most importantly landed!) my bag arrived. Ahead of me in fact. Apparently my bag was smarter than my itinerary and hopped the direct flight instead of the detour through Uganda. I might want to think about that next time.

Off to a running start, the work is going well and so far no goat on a stick! No pictures yet but will try and get some shots of the blooming jacaranda trees since it is coming into springtime here.

Hope all is well in B'more and NYC! Miss you both.

Kik

No comments: